Friday, February 24, 2012

Baby Princess Goes to School

Wednesday was Elisha's day to bring show and tell... and since the letter of the week was 'c', can you figure out what he wanted to bring? I'll give you one guess ;-) 
I remembered taking Baby Princess to school last year in a Pull-Up box... it worked great. I forgot that at that point she wasn't anywhere near full grown! Last year's school visit is pictured below... my my, how all my little bitties have grown!
                  

 The kids LOVED seeing our chicken... I kept hearing, "wow! I've never seen a real live chicken before!" And Baby Princess was very well behaved--- no pecking, despite being completely surrounded. I think she may be ready for a nursing home visit ;-)
 However, when we went downstairs to visit another class she had had enough I guess... She pooped the biggest chicken poop I have ever seen-- all over me and the chair and the floor. The teachers were SO gracious about it and the kids learned first-hand that chickens poop too... The three year olds got a big kick out of it, probably was their favorite part of the visit ;-)  But it made me think of a crazy character on the PBS "Natural History of the Chicken" that keeps a chicken in her house wearing a "panty" as she calls it... I may need to craft one before our next school visit.
On our way home Baby Princess was fairly happy with her box until we got into our neighborhood. Then she decided that riding in a Pull-up box was for the birds... hmmm. I felt an awful lot like the crazy chicken lady in the documentary... If you need a laugh the whole documentary is very entertaining, but if you skip to 6:50 in this clip you can see the car scene and laugh at me ;-)
don't worry mama, I stopped the car before taking the pic!

I love this -- can't decide if we look like we are singing together or about to crash... but I just love our matching expressions. Oh dear, Oh dear dear dear.....

6 comments:

Christina said...

your preschool adventure looks like so much fun! I showed my husband all your chicken posts; in a couple of years, he'll be done with his PhD and we can finally settle into a house. If we're still in the Atlanta area, I'll definitely ask for chicken advice when decide to get some. :)

Robyn said...

I don't even need to look at the Chicken Lady documentary... your pictures made me laugh so hard! You are such a cool mama, Jane!

Tegan said...

Hysterical!!! I am laughing so hard right now. The last picture is too funny and I can't believe the chickens mouth is open too. Love it!

jane said...

I'm glad y'all got a kick out of this... I thought it was pretty funny! Robyn- I don't know about a cool mama... mostly just plain kooky ;-) Tegan- It still makes me laugh to see the last pic w/ the chicken's mouth open!

Christy said...

I don't think I need to tell you how deeply I adored this post. I thought of the crazy chicken lady immediately when I saw Baby Princess in the Pull Up box. You both yelling at the end will light up my life forever.

Sarah Boutwell said...

My dad brought our green-winged macaw, Sam, to show-and-tell at my school when I was little, and I have never forgotten it. I doubt my classmates have, either! I'm sure Elisha and his friends will remember Baby Princess' school visit for a very long time. And I agree...this makes you a very cool mama indeed! So stinking fun!