Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Girl band

On a whim (and based on an idea my sewing buddy had) I whipped up this little head band for Anna today.



She was so generous to sit still while I photographed it... I could tell she was excited to be posing for a picture ;)




All I did was cut a piece of elastic to fit around her head, then I cut a strip of fabric about 4-5 inches longer... Mine was a bit wider than 2 inches b/c that is what worked with my width of elastic. However, you can make it whatever width you would like...
I folded the fabric and sewed a tube... Turned it right side out, ran the elastic through it, then pinned each end of elastic to each end of the tube of fabric. Next I stretched the tube long as I sewed a long wide zig zag stitch down the center. After that all I had to do was connect the ends... And of course embellish if that is your taste;) I put a felt circle with a couple of buttons layered on top to hidden my closure. Finally, baby fine hair out of fine looking baby face!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: